As a practicing veterinarian, I am personally and professionally devoted to promoting real, beneficial medical therapies for companion animals, and to discouraging those approaches that have not proven to be safe or effective, or that may even be harmful. I strive for true open-mindedness, but I believe all medical practices must be open to critique and must be validated by reliable science, not merely tradition, intuition, opinion, or anecdote. In this blog I will be addressing the broad range of philosophical, ethical, economic, legal, political, and most of all scientific issues raised by complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), particularly as it is applied to veterinary medicine.
- Acupuncture (35)
- Book Reviews (13)
- Chiropractic (10)
- General (243)
- Guest Posts (6)
- Herbs and Supplements (127)
- Homeopathy (58)
- Humor (42)
- Law, Regulation, and Politics (60)
- Miscellaneous CAVM (31)
- Nutrition (57)
- Presentations, Lectures, Publications & Interviews (38)
- Science-Based Veterinary Medicine (98)
- SkeptVet TV (7)
- Topic-Based Summaries (11)
- Vaccines (23)
A Book from the SkeptVet
- Cone of Shame Podcast Interview- Placebos for Pets? The Truth about Alternative Medicine for Animals
- New Evidence about When to Neuter Your Dog
- Reviews of Placebos for Pets? The Truth about Alternative Medicine for Animals
- From SkeptVet TV- Pot for Pets?
- Evidence Update- Do PEMF Devices like the Assisi Loop Work?