- Acupuncture (33)
- Book Reviews (13)
- Chiropractic (10)
- General (241)
- Guest Posts (6)
- Herbs and Supplements (123)
- Homeopathy (57)
- Humor (42)
- Law, Regulation, and Politics (60)
- Miscellaneous CAVM (30)
- Nutrition (50)
- Presentations, Lectures, Publications & Interviews (32)
- Science-Based Veterinary Medicine (93)
- Topic-Based Summaries (11)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Vaccines (20)
- SkeptVet Visits The Pet Doctor Podcast- Are we seeing more cancer in pets?
- Crowdfunding Quackery
- Evidence Update: Grain-free and other “BEG” Diets Associated with Heart Disease in Dogs
- New Report on Complication Rates for Neutering Surgery in Dogs and Cats
- Hair and Saliva Test for Allergies are Worthless Pseudoscience
Category Archives: Humor
Been seeing a lot of these folks lately….
I review my own hate mail here from time to time (I’m actually overdue for another summary, so stay tuned). I totally get what Jimmy’s dealing with here!
I think we need a veterinary version of this video. Who’s with me?!
From the only humanist, atheist, skeptic rock star out there, Tim Minchin!
Here is some good advice about overdiagnosis and overtreatment–with a beat!! 🙂
John Oliver of Last Week Tonight (formerly of The Daily Show) provides a thoughtful, informative, and very funny report on the recent grilling of Dr. Mehmet Oz by Senator Claire McCaskill ansd the shameful success of the supplement industry lobbying … Continue reading
This should be mandatory viewing in every Starbucks, Pilates class, and Whole Foods in America! The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Indecision Political Humor,The Daily Show on Facebook
Over the years, I have been skeptical of the safety and value of vitamin suppkements. However, a new study in the Medical Journal of Australia has finally set me straight. I’m off to stock up on Vitamin D tablets! Hopkinson … Continue reading